Dry-O-Lite, the industry-leading deliquescent desiccant, is a chemical drying agent specifically formulated for Van Air Systems single tower compressed air dryers and natural gas pipeline dryers. Dry-O-Lite is a dense hygroscopic tablet that absorbs water vapor from streams of compressed air or gas. The surface of the desiccant tablet dissolves slowly, forming a brine solution which drops from the surface. The tablet continuously dissolves, or deliquesces, until the desiccant is fully consumed.
In a properly sized D-series Compressed Air Dryer or Pipeline Dryer, Dry-O-Lite will establish a relative humidity of 55%, which equates to a dew point approximately 20°F lower than the temperature of the compressed air or gas at the inlet of the dryer.
Interested in learning more about Van Air Systems Deliquescent Desiccant?
Watch an instructional video on our deliquescent drying technology.
Features and Benefits
- No energy consumption
- Prevents condensation
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Prevents wintertime air and gas line freeze-ups
- Environmentally safe
- Low cost of operation relative to refrigerated dryers and regenerative desiccant dryers
- ¾" tablet
- Little or no maintenance on drying equipment
- Available in 50lb bags, 50lb pails, 506lb steel drums and 2,000lb bulk bags
- Abrasive blasting
- Portable air drying
- Low pressure gases, e.g. digester gas and landfill gas
- Remote outdoor locations without electricity
- Fuel gas dehydration for natural gas
- Ready-mix, asphalt, and concrete plants
- Pulp and paper
- Steel mills
- Dirty environments or areas with electrical classification restrictions